Pages

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Winter Wonderland


Last Wednesday (Jan 3) we woke up to a beautiful winter wonderland thanks to winter storm Grayson.  I can honestly say I have never seen snow like this, especially living a in a coastal town.  I was in absolute awe the entire time.  


We got around 4", maybe a little more, which doesn't seem a lot, but it is for folks who don't live where it typically snows.  The snow itself was so soft and powdery, not hard and icy.  The girls loved playing, but was ready to come in after a short amount of time since we don't have the proper attire.  We layered as much as possible and they were still cold.  We made the most of it over the next several days with walking, snow ball fights, snowman building attempt, sledding with a boogie board and even eating popciscles inside.  Here it is a week later and we still have snow on the ground.  Thankfully the girls report back to school tomorrow...yea!!

I'm not sure if we will ever see snow like this again and I hope the girls will always remember...at least Vivian...but if not, I will never forget this magical time we had.  










































No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Winter Wonderland


Last Wednesday (Jan 3) we woke up to a beautiful winter wonderland thanks to winter storm Grayson.  I can honestly say I have never seen snow like this, especially living a in a coastal town.  I was in absolute awe the entire time.  


We got around 4", maybe a little more, which doesn't seem a lot, but it is for folks who don't live where it typically snows.  The snow itself was so soft and powdery, not hard and icy.  The girls loved playing, but was ready to come in after a short amount of time since we don't have the proper attire.  We layered as much as possible and they were still cold.  We made the most of it over the next several days with walking, snow ball fights, snowman building attempt, sledding with a boogie board and even eating popciscles inside.  Here it is a week later and we still have snow on the ground.  Thankfully the girls report back to school tomorrow...yea!!

I'm not sure if we will ever see snow like this again and I hope the girls will always remember...at least Vivian...but if not, I will never forget this magical time we had.  










































No comments:

Post a Comment